Pittsburgh Turnover Cost in EMS Toolkit
How high is your turnover?
What does it cost your agency?
Want to evaluate a recruitment / retention program?
This toolkit was designed to help EMS managers track Turnover and Costs of Turnover in their agencies.
This toolkit provides reports that compare YOUR agency's data to published data (Patterson et al, 2010).
Download this toolkit by clicking on the ICONS below.
DON'T FORGET the tutorial and instructions.
Click Icons Below to Download
You MUST download both files!
Front End (FE) Download
Back End (BE) Download
Video Tutorial for Toolkit
Click on the TV icon below to view a custon video tutorial, which will help with using your toolkit.
QuickTime version (.mov file format ~15 mins)
A PC friendly version (.wmv file format ~15 mins)
Please note that files may be blurry. Higher resolution files are being developed.
You MUST have Microsoft Access 2007 installed on your computer.
1. Create a new folder on your C drive and name it: TCEMS.
2. Inside this new TCEMS folder, create 2 new folders with the following names:
3.Click on the link that says: Click to download the TCEMS front end application.
4.A file Download box will appear, click Save
5.Browse to the following location: C:\TCEMS\TCEMS_FE
6.Under file name, enter the following exactly: TCEMS.accde
a.If the default name is TCEMS.accdb, be sure to change it to TCEMS.accde
7.Next, click on the link that says: Click to download the TCEMS back end application
8.Browse to the following location: C:\TCEMS\TCEMS_BE
9.Under file name, save the file as: TCEMS_BE.accdb
You now have the files that you need.
You will ONLY need to access the file located here:
C:\TCEMS\TCEMS_FE called TCEMS.accde
NOTE: you can create a shortcut to this application by doing the following steps:
- Browse to the file: C:\TCEMS\TCEMS_FE
- Right click on TCEMS.accde
- Scroll down to Send To
- Click on Desktop
- You will now see the icon on your desktop
Questions / Answers
1. Why sign up for the Turnover/Cost Project in EMSARN when I can use the toolkit?
Answer: Several reasons:
- First, for your agency's participation in the project you will receive a detailed report that the toolkit cannot provide. The toolkit report is informative, but not as detailed.
- Second, you will help improve what we know about trends in turnover and cost in EMS nationally.
- Third, you will gain experience in answering turnover and cost questions which will prepare you for using the stand alone toolkit in the future.
2. Do I have to place the download (FE and BE files) in the C drive exactly as described?
Answer: Yes. If you don't, the toolkit won't work.
3. Do I have to complete annual agency information before entering monthly cost data?
Answer: Yes. Even if you just enter in estimates, the toolkit needs this data before it can produce a report.
4. Do I need to answer EVERY question and fill in EVERY box in the toolkit?
Answer: Yes. All options / answers are part of the calculations. If you leave a question blank, you will see an "error."