Medical Student Elective Opportunities
Medical students may do electives through the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. All of the rotation sites are less than five miles from the emergency medicine residency offices in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh.
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Elective
Fourth Year Elective in Emergency Medicine
- Applications from visiting students are accepted beginning in March.
- Go to the internet site: www.medschool.pitt.edu for student affairs.
- The course catalog is online for you to review the course information.
- If you are a US applicant, choose "Visiting North American Applicants". If you are an international applicant, choose "Visiting International Applicants".
- Complete and submit the application. Be sure to put the name of the rotation and the month you want to do it, for example, "emergency medicine- June".
- A packet will be sent to you from the Student Affairs Office. Be sure to complete any necessary paperwork. You will need copies of your immunization record, student approval letter, and malpractice insurance from your own student affairs office.
- Notification of acceptance into the rotation is usually made in May.
- If you need to know sooner or need information about the rotation, call or email: Susan Dunmire, MD (course director) Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine (412) 647-3336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have problems with the application and need to contact the Student Affairs Office at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, call Joanne Colligan at (412) 648-8935 or email email@example.com.